My name is Alex Ostrovski. I’m developing software and doing other software architect things. Lately, most of software development I’ve performed was in Rust and concerned distributed P2P systems and blockchain in particular.
Areas of Interest
- Distributed / decentralized systems
- Applied cryptography, in distributed / decentralized systems or otherwise
- Machine learning
- Software correctness and formal verification
- Web development (especially now that tools for safe Web development start to emerge, such as WASM)
- Exonum, a framework for permissioned blockchains. The main components of the framework are open-sourced on GitHub.
- Lightning Peach, a toolkit for rapidly developing apps using the Bitcoin Lightning Network.
- Yury Yanovich, Ivan Ivashchenko, Alex Ostrovsky, Aleksandr Shevchenko, Aleksei Sidorov. Exonum: Byzantine fault tolerant protocol for blockchains. Working paper (2019), Bitfury Group Limited. full text
- Polina Mamoshina, Lucy Ojomoko, Alex Ostrovski, Yury Yanovich, Alex Botezatu, Pavel Prikhodko, Eugene Izumchenko, Alexander Aliper, Konstantin Romantsov, Alexander Zhebrak, Iraneus Obioma Ogu, Alex Zhavoronkov. Converging blockchain and next-generation artificial intelligence technologies to decentralize and accelerate biomedical research and healthcare. In: Oncotarget (2018), vol. 9 (5), pp. 5665–5690. link
- Pavel Prikhodko, Slava Zhygulin, Mykola Sakhno, Alexei Ostovskiy, Olaoluwa Osuntokun. Flare: An Approach to Routing in Lightning Network. In: Scaling Bitcoin (2016). full text
- Yury Yanovich, Pavel Mishchenko, Alexei Ostovskiy. Shared send untangling in bitcoin. In: Working paper (2016), Bitfury Group Limited. full text
- Ivan Sergienko, Anatoliy Gupal, Alexey Ostrovskiy. Predicting gene structure with the use of mixtures of probability distributions. In: Cybernetics and Systems Analysis (2015), vol. 51 (3), pp. 361–369. link
- Ivan Sergienko, Anatoliy Gupal, Alexey Ostrovskiy. Using EM-algorithm for gene classification. In: Cybernetics and Systems Analysis (2015), vol. 51 (1), pp. 41–50. link
- Ekaterina Lavrischeva, Alexei Ostrovski. New theoretical aspects of software engineering for development applications and e-learning. In: Journal of Software Engineering and Applications (2013), vol. 6 (9), pp. 34. full text
- Ekaterina Lavrischeva, Alexei Ostrovski, Igor Radetskiy. Approach to e-learning fundamental aspects of software engineering. In: Proc. ICTERI ’12 (2012), pp. 176–187. full text
- Anatoliy Gupal, Nikita Gupal, Alexey Ostrovskiy. Symmetry and properties of genetic information recording in DNA. In: Journal of Automation and Information Sciences (2011), vol. 43 (6). link